We started with a simple idea: “Thing/Learn Global, Act Local” with purpose to inform and rise awareness, to support, entrepreneurs,to learn and educate, to network and rise awareness, to create values.
Achieving its goals in the first phase, EMKICE act independently with local team based in Skopje and the Brussels offices with the partners team and organizations started as initiative in 2008 but registered and official started in 2010 in Skopje.
EMKICE have strategic cooperation with several consulting companies and a number of individual foreign consultants and lobbyists in Brussels, in the area of Innovation, Industry, Technology, Energy, Environment, Information Technology, Food and Health, Education, with support for EU projects (organization of trainings and seminars), preparation and writing of EU projects, administrative and financial management, and implementation of EU projects with special focus on the Eight Framework Programme (FP8) HORIZON2020, education and mobility programm ERASMUS+, and Competitiveness and Innovation Programme for SMEs (COSME). Activities for the IPA program and other programs are available upon written request to us contacting other consultants, as it is not our main focus.
With this activities we accelerate the process in which industry engages in development and innovation for placement of new products and economic values on the market. We transfer a good practice and experience of our EU partners in the use of grants from the funds of these programs, as well as contacts and networking with over two hundred business angels, EU regions, firms and organizations from EU and 80 clusters of EU, of which 40 are from the automotive industry. Then communication with technology parks, institutions and development centers in EU and the Middle East (newly with Israel, but also Qatar and Bahrain).
One of the main goals of the Center and its local Emkice team, in the first three to five years, is to provide increased participation and use of EU funds among potential applicants from the Western Balkan Region, to introduce programmes for their interests (small and medium firms, NGOs, research centers, public entities and municipalities), to provide adequate additional assistance through support for developing project applications, innovative, business-oriented and scientific ideas that could help in use of grants according to the programs of the European Commission.
EURO-MACEDONIAN KNOWLEDGE INNOVATION CENTER – EMKICE, has three main objectives on the basis of which the activities are planned:
1st: To encourage and support innovation and commercialization of the products, and the development of new products/services, through innovative approach and technology (by legal or natural person and gender equality, including support for better understanding and use of IPR);
2nd: Support for finding sources of financing of innovation, research, technology and development (I + R + T + D). Mainly focuses on the available EU funds and grants as well as private investors-business angels and investments from private and public investment funds.
3rd: Transnational cooperation, sharing of knowledge and learning new skills, education for design and creative thinking, problem solving, entrepreneurial spirit, especially among young and youth.
The two main focuses:
1st: Activities in the focus of the private sector and industry at national and regional level;
2nd: Geographic focus for implementation: SEE-countries, Balkans, Mediterranean countries, Middle East and North Africa
The activities of Center EMKICE are based on the following registered objectives:
1. Raising awareness, education, organization of training’s and seminars and preparation for applying for EU funding, EU Market, EU Values and European Commission.
2. Raising public awareness of business angels, networking, cooperation with them and their investments in innovative start-up businesses established by young men and women entrepreneurs in WBC
3. Direct and practical support for innovators in the WBC towards the promotion, protection and commercialization of the innovations as well as legal, technical and consulting assistance
4. Developing innovative eco-entrepreneurial culture to support innovative knowledge-based society
5. Providing support in managing the projects based on innovation and its commercialization as a way of positive changes and improving the society
6. Raising public awareness of innovations as a way of development, a way of running a business, a way of working on a daily basis, and choices that we make as consumers and citizens
7. Support for preparation of business plans, feasibility studies, access to finances and investments in the establishment of business incubators, technological parks and innovation parks
8. Providing adequate training’s for initiating of commercialization of innovations, ideas and innovative products
9. Support to ensure the financing of the most innovative business ideas and their transformation into fast-growing businesses
10. Support in creating strategies for innovation, entrepreneurship and competitiveness at all levels of organization (company-firms, municipalities, counties, state, and international cooperation for all of them)